Monday, July 19, 2010

Sew Maternity begins...

Now that I am officially on maternity leave, following the sale of my former business modern retro textiles, I am excited to have some time to sew!


Congratulations to Suzanne and all the best with the business!



My first little project to combat the freezing weather in Melbourne is to make heat bags for my two little girls. These were made from the Kristen Doran 'bunny pattern' available at modern retro textiles online store. Instead of stuffing with fibrefill, I have filled with wheat, making them tiny heat bags, suitable for the children. You can buy wheat for a few dollars a kilo at your local produce store. I only heat them for about 20 seconds as my girls are toddlers and any hotter would be a burn risk.

What else is on my sewing agenda? Skirts for the girls, more heat bags, something from the Amy Butler laminated fabric I had to buy, something for me to wear for the next few months and more. Pop by and leave a message! Thanks, Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment