Monday, August 2, 2010

Handmade cards: Reverse Applique

Although I am not much of a card maker, I love experimenting with gorgeous fabric and cards. My latest inspiration came from Joel Dewberry's book 'Sewn Spaces' which I manged to buy from the book depository in the UK for just $28.25AU with free delivery.

I am addicted to sewing books and have a large collection with more coming - but more from those later! From the book, I made this gorgeous bird reverse applique (template in book) card for a friends birthday. The fabric is from Heather Ross' Far Far Away collection which I had from Modern Retro Textiles.


The idea of reverse applique inspired me to use my tag cutter, from creative memories and babushka fabric from Kelani Fabric to make these cute little cards for two friends who both recently gave birth to baby girls.


Handmade cards and gifts are always appreciated for the thought and effort!

Speaking of reverse applique, I picked up the term from Jesse and Lauren Jung's blog - designers of the botany fabric range for Moda. They used the technique to create the most gorgeous business cards I have ever seen.

They have some gorgeous free applique patterns on the website too, take a look:

No comments:

Post a Comment